China Report ASEAN, a monthly magazine, is presented by China Report Press which is affiliated to China International Publishing Group. The magazine has valued the two-way exchanges in terms of economics, trade, business, culture and people-to-people aspect between China and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Member States. As the inaugural issue of China Report ASEAN will be published in the upcoming December, we are offering positions to those who are qualified to work as a foreign editor/journalist.
Job Vacancies: 2
1. An English native speaker from countries such as the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
2. Or a native speaker from ASEAN Member States, and has strong English skills so to report and write articles in English.
3. Experienced in English news covering, editing and writing.
4. To have experience of editing and polishing English articles.
5. Be meticulous and have strong sense of responsibility towards tasks.
6. Be flexible to work overtime if needed.
7. Could speak Chinese a little.
8. Team work spirit is required and could communicate with colleague well
9. Multi-tasking ability is a plus.
1. Attend the topics idea meeting prior the production of each issue of the magazine so to decide the topic to write.
2. On spot interview with the person concerned, and then write an original English article accordingly.
3. Assignment could be editing and polishing translated English articles.
4. Ad hoc assignments if needed.
We highly value your privacy and personal information, all the data we collect will be only used for the recruitment purpose.
If you are interested in this position, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the shortlisted will be contacted to have interview.
China.org.cn, China's national online news service based in Beijing, offers wide-ranging, up-to-date news about China, searchable texts of government position papers and background information about Chinese history, politics, economics and culture.
Job vacancy in Beijing
Job title: English copy editor
* Proofreading, editing, reporting and writing news reports, feature stories, and opinion articles.
* Assisting in editorial decision-making, including project planning, story selection and page design.
* Helping to train translators and reporters.
The successful candidate must:
* Be a native English speaker with strong writing skills.
* Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and ideally a professional qualification in journalism.
* Be a self-starter and a team player; able to work to deadlines; have a good news sense and some knowledge of Chinese affairs.
* Be computer literate on Windows-based systems.
The preferred candidate will have:
* No less than one year's experience of writing, editing, producing print or online content.
* Experience or knowledge about China.
Please send an email with full CV and examples of work if possible to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.