Psychological interventions for four target groups of people:
1. Frontline health workers
(1) Get enough sleep. Maintain a balanced diet. Try self-help.
You can for examples do exercise, take deep breaths, play some easy games or take hot bathes.
(2) Practice muscle relaxation.
Focus first on tightening the muscles then relax. Proceed through the rest of the muscles in different parts of your body, tightening and relaxing each group as you go.
2. Community workers
(1) Obtain relevant information from various sources.
Get to know the basic facts about the epidemic like how it spreads so that you can better protect yourself at work.
(2) Have a good rest after work and eat regularly.
3. General public
(1) Manage your emotions and try to divert your mind from negative emotions.
(2) Obtain updates on COVID-19 from official sources.
(3) Change your perspective. Spend more time with your families and doing what you like.
(4) Keep a regular sleep schedule. Improve your physique by doing more exercise.
4. Such vulnerable groups as the elderly, children and pregnant women
(1) Follow a regular sleep schedule and try to live a normal life.
(2) Maintain a nutritious diet but avoid overeating.
(3) Vulnerable groups should be taken care of by families or those who are close to them.