Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
If My Visa Expires and I Overstay in Shanghai, What Can I Do and How Much Is the Fine?
Adjust font size:

According to the Chinese immigration law, if your visa has been expired less than 10 days, it's not necessary to pay any fine. You should go to the immigration office, where the officer will ask some questions and make a record of your statement. The officer will also tell you not to let your visa expire again.


If your visa has been expired more than 10 days, they will charge you a fine. The fine is 500 yuan per day except the first 10 days, and the maximum is 5,000 yuan. For example, if you overstay 12 days, they will charge (12-10)*500=1000 yuan.


This is the contact information for the immigration office; you can go there when your visa expires:


Address: No. 1500 Min Shen Rd. , PuDong, Shanghai, China.

Telephone: 021-2895 1900


( March 16, 2007)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Related Stories
US Issues 350,000 Visas to Chinese Citizens in 2006
Hong Kong Students Secure US Visas
China Promises to Make Visa Application Easier for Olympics

Product Directory
China Search
Country Search
Hot Buys
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback
Copyright © All Rights Reserved     E-mail: Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号