According to the Yangtze River Water Conservancy Commission, water level of the Jiujiang section rose to 11.54 meters at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
Yangtze River dolphins to decrease 80% in 30 years
Finless porpoises, a highly endangered species of freshwater dolphin that only lives in the Yangtze River, as well as in Poyang Lake and Dongting Lake, are facing an 80% decrease in numbers due to the drought over the next 30 years.
- President Hu urges drought relief in rural areas
- Persistent rain expected to ease drought in central, south China
- Drought has significant impact on environment
- Drought thins Lushan Waterfall
- E. China city limits water supplies amid drought
- China's lingering drought threatens aquatic animals
- Drought threatens drinking-water safety in central China