More than 20,000 pregnant Tibetan antelopes have so far entered the Zonag Lake area in northwest China's Qinghai Province to give birth.
Penguin to hitch ride partway to Antarctica
A young emperor penguin that turned up on a New Zealand beach won't be getting a free ride all the way back to its Antarctic home - but the bird's human friends will at least help it get a little closer.
- Botswana's wildebeest population drops nearly 90%
- Rhino killing on rise in South Africa
- Wild snakes saved and set Free
- Turtle-crossing causes flight delays
- Center for endangered sea turtles saves lives
- Oldest elephant in North America dies at 71
- New hope for migratory grassland birds of South America
- Rabbits named Britain's most costly invasive species
- Climate change affects toads, salamanders
Background2010 is the International Year of Biodiversity proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly under the theme of Biodiversity is Life, Biodiversity is Our Life.
• China: one of the megadiverse countries