The method of using this crossword form is quite straight forward, and will be clear if you have ever done an English crossword. Here are just a few tips for readers on how to use the form most effectively.
· There are two types of boxes in crosswords, black and white. You only need to fill in each white box with a character or Pinyin equivalent. The black boxes can be ignored.
· Read the English clues and find the words or phrases that you are certain about before searching for other words.
· Complete the longest word or phrase as soon as possible, as more clues and links will result.
· Be brave and imaginative; guess possible words using the shared characters you have already filled in.
· Try to make use of any associations to complete the gaps that you have left, or have discussion with friends.
· Some different solutions may be found, for sentences in particular, as far as the alternatives do not affect other words.
· Some words can be used for more than once in different occasions.