11. The rodent, __________ the mouse, rat, guinea pig, and porcupine, are mammals with incisor-like teeth in both jaws.
A. made up
12. ___________ into oceans and rivers is a serious form of pollution.
A. Pouring sewage
B. Emptying litter
C. Throwing garbage
D. Dumping sewage
13. Products which are made from dirts and are __________ high temperatures are known as ceramics.
A. tempered in
B. subjected to
C. exposed to
D. baked in
14. A pigment called melanin protects the ________ layers of skin from sun rays.
15. Oranges are a __________source of vitamin C.
16. Even after having their grandchildren live with them for ten years, the couple felt that __________ children these days was the most difficult of all family matters.
D. taking care
17. The most important __________ of the farmers in Iraq is dates, of which Iraq is the worlds leading exporter.
A. economic crop
B. cash crop
C. money crop
18. More has been learned about the Moon than any other of the Earth’s neighbors in space because of the Apollo program, which enabled men to walk on the Moon and bring back hundreds of pounds of __________.
19. __________ the variety that the average family has in beaf, fish, poultry, and vegetarian recipes, they find most meals unexciting.
A. In spite
C. Despite of
20. The speaker __________ have criticized the paraprofessionals, knowing full well that they were seated in the audience.
A. should not to
B. must not
C. ought not to
D. may not