|This abdominal CT scan clearly shows the pen siting in the woman's stomach. [Agencies]|
An old woman visiting her doctor recently was found to have in her stomach a pen she swallowed by accident 25 years ago, the Daily Mail reported.
An urgent investigation revealed areas of the 76-year-old woman's large intestine had become inflamed.
When questioned, the patient remembered that 25 years before she had used a felt-tip pen to poke her tonsils while looking at them in a mirror. However, she had then fallen forward off a step and swallowed the pen by accident.
Her husband had dismissed her story after abdominal X-rays came up normal.
It was removed under general anesthetic and amazingly the doctors found the pen was still in working order. （点击《每日邮报》查看原文）
(China.org.cn December 22, 2011)