House of the Chancellor in Huangcheng
House of the Chancellor in Huangcheng [114msn.com]
Located in Beiliu Town of Jincheng City, Shanxi Province, the House of the Chancellor in Huangcheng is the former home of Chen Tingjing, who was the prominent prime minister of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty and the editor-in-chief of the dictionary Kangxi Zidian. It is divided into inner town and outer town, which has 16 courtyards with 640 rooms altogether, covering an area of 36,000 square meters. The inner town was built in the fifth year of Chongzhen Emperor (1632), which has eight courtyards, featuring Ming Dynasty architecture. The outer town was finished in the 24th year of the Kanxi Emperor (1703).
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (winter)
8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (summer)
- Admission: 110 yuan
- How to get there: The railway lines of Shi-Tai, Jing-Bao, Jing-Yuan,Tai-Jiao and Han-Chang all go through Shanxi Province and connect most large and medium-size cities in the country;
There are airports in Taiyuan, Datong, Wutaishan and Changzhi;
The national highways of 108, 109, 207, 208, 209, 307 and 309 run through the province and go to Gansu, Ningxia, Hebei, Beijing and Inner Mongolia.