|Videos||• Latest||• Feature||• Sports||• Your Videos|
The trial of the man who confessed to killing 77 people in bomb and gun attacks took an unexpected turn when one of the three judges was dismissed. Also on Tuesday, Anders Breivik defended his actions during the trial's second day.
Accused Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik, right, and his defence lawyer Geir Lippestad, left, arrive in the courtroom, Monday, April 16, 2012 in Oslo, Norway.
Earlier in the day, the court was adjourned and one of its three lay judges was dismissed for saying last July that Breivik should face the death penalty - a punishment that Norway does not have.
Lawyer for the victims, Sjak Haaheim, said, "The court simply has to replace the judge with another judge. To post an opinion like that on Facebook or any other social media, well, it's not possible to be a judge after posting such opinions."
As the trial went on, Breivik seemed unremorseful to say the least. He told the court (quote) "I have carried out the most spectacular and sophisticated attack on Europe since World War II." and "I would do it all again".
One of the questions at the very heart of this trial is Breivik's mental state - leaving his punishment largely up to the court's opinion of his sanity. Breivik says being labeled insane would be a "fate worse than death".