Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected on Tuesday the claims that Iran has tried to clean up radioactive traces due to the probable nuclear weapon tests at Parchin military site.
Talking to reporters in his weekly press briefing, Mehmanparast said that such news is propaganda and does not have technical value.
"If nuclear activities are done in some regions, the traces cannot be cleaned up," he said.
A report released by the International Atomic Energy Agency ( IAEA) in late February said that Iran failed to cooperate with the UN nuclear watchdog's high-ranking delegation who visited Tehran twice in January and earlier in February.
IAEA Director Yukiya Amano said in a statement that "during both the first and second meetings, the agency's teams requested access to the military site at Parchin, but Iran did not grant the permission."
Amano called Iran's refusal to permit the visit to Parchin as "disappointing," saying that the IAEA believes that Parchin is where Iran's suspicious nuclear activities are carried out.
Later reports said that satellite images from the trucks and vehicles moving at Parchin military site have raised suspicions that, following the IAEA's urgent request to visit the site, Iran might have started to clean up the area from the radioactive traces.
However, Mehmanparast said Tuesday that the IAEA's experts should have stayed in Tehran longer to decide the modality of the visit.
"In principle, Iran did not have any disagreement with the visit (to Parchin military site), but any cooperation between Iran and the IAEA should be based on a modality," said the spokesman.
"The agency raises some questions. Iran is ready to answer those questions and Iran has announced its readiness to remove any ambiguities," he added.