Top news items in Ethiopia's major media outlets

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, June 17, 2019
Adjust font size:

ADDIS ABABA, June 17 (Xinhua) -- The following are news highlights in Ethiopia's major media outlets on Monday.

--The 5.2 billion birr Dire Dawa-Dewele toll road project linking Ethiopia and Djibouti was inaugurated on Sunday.

The toll road is the second to Ethiopia next to Addis Ababa-Adama expressway. About 85 percent financed by China's Eximbank and the remaining 15 percent by the Ethiopian government, the construction of the 220km road was started in 2007 Ethiopian calendar. (Fana Broadcasting Corporate/FBC)

--Ethiopia Water and Energy Week kicked off on Monday in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa.

The event is being held under the theme "Transformation of Water and Energy sectors for Ethiopia's New Horizon of Hope" (FBC)

--Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed on Saturday held discussions with the residents of South Wollo and Dessie in Amhara regional state of Ethiopia.

The discussion focused on current situations, it was learned.(Ethiopian News Agency/ENA) Enditem

Follow on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from