Saudi minister says results of probe into oil plants attack to announce "soon"

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, September 22, 2019
Adjust font size:

RIYADH, Sept. 21 (Xinhua) -- Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir said on Saturday that the results of the international probe into the attack on oil plants to be announced soon.

In a press conference held in capital Riyadh, he blamed Iran for standing behind the attack that affected the international oil markets, adding the attack on the plants of Saudi Oil Company (Aramco) in the Eastern Province targeted not only Saudi Arabia but the global energy security, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

"We have asked the United Nations to send their experts and some countries are involved in the investigation, in which the results would be announced soon," he said, highlighting the probe aims to determine the source of the attack.

Jubeir confirmed that the attack wasn't from Yemen but from "the north."

The minister revealed that Saudi Arabia had been targeted by more than 260 "Iranian-made" missiles and 150 drones. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter