Cambodian PM launches five-year, 60 bln USD national development plan

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, November 7, 2019
Adjust font size:

PHNOM PENH, Nov. 7 (Xinhua) -- Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen on Thursday launched the five-year, 60-billion-U.S.-dollar National Strategic Development Plan (2019-2023).

Speaking at the event here, Hun Sen said the plan was designed to ensure a sustainable economic growth of around 7 percent a year for a long term and to further reduce the country's poverty rate to below 10 percent.

"The plan is crucial to support the country's goals of becoming an upper middle-income country by 2030 and a high-income country by 2050," he said.

Planning Minister Chhay Than said the government would contribute 27.5 percent of the investment capital to carry out the plan, as the remaining 72.5 percent would be sought from the private sector.

The plan gives priorities to the development of human resources, road, water, and electricity, he said. Enditem

Follow on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from