0 Comment(s)
Print
E-mail Xinhua, April 9, 2020
BRUSSELS, April 9 (Xinhua) -- The decrease in the number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Belgium has been observed again in the past day, the public health institute Sciensano said Thursday.
This downward trend was confirmed with the results of the last 24 hours, when 459 new COVID-19 patients were admitted to hospital while 483 cured people discharged.
The total number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized since the beginning of the pandemic so far is 5,590, down 98 compared to Wednesday's 5,688.
In the last 24 hours, Belgium registered 1,580 new cases and 283 new deaths.
To date, the Sciensano Institute has reported a total of 24,983 cases and 2,523 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic.
Between March 15 and April 8, over 9,800 patients entered hospital, while 5,164 were discharged.
Health authorities are considering strengthening testing capacity in nursing homes.
The Sciensano Institute also plans to launch a new awareness campaign to support containment efforts, with a clear message: Hang in there, take care of yourself and others, and stay home.
"We can't give up our motivation today," said Benoit Ramacker, the inter-federal spokesman in the fight against COVID-19. "If in a few months we want to enjoy the summer, now is the time to hold on." Enditem
Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)