0 Comment(s)
Print
E-mail Xinhua, April 18, 2020
RAMALLAH, April 18 (Xinhua) -- Palestinian government officials announced on Saturday that six new cases infected with COVID-19 were recorded in Palestine.
Ibrahim Melhem, spokesman of the government, told in the daily news briefing in Ramallah that a 78-year-old woman from the neighborhood of Al-Isawiya in East Jerusalem died from the pandemic in an Israeli hospital.
He added six new cases were recorded in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Meanwhile, Palestinian Health Minister Mai al-Keileh said that the number of cases infected with coronavirus in the Palestinian territories has reached 418 cases since March 5.
She clarified that 313 cases were recorded in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, while 105 cases were recorded in East Jerusalem, adding that 69 cases have recovered.
Three Palestinians so far have died from COVID-19, including two women from East Jerusalem and one man from Tulkarem, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
The state of emergency declared by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and the precautionary measures are still valid, as the Palestinian Authority is exerting intensive efforts to combat the spread of the virus. Enditem
Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)