0 Comment(s)
Print
E-mail Xinhua, April 19, 2020
BAGHDAD, April 18 (Xinhua) -- The Iraqi Health Ministry on Saturday said that a total of 1,513 COVID-19 cases were confirmed and 82 deaths were recorded in the country.
Of the 31 new cases confirmed during the past 24 hours, seven were detected in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, 15 in Basra, seven in Najaf, and one in each of Diwaniyah and Wasit, the ministry said in a statement.
So far, 82 have died from the disease while 953 recovered, according to the statement.
The Iraqi authorities have taken several measures to contain the outbreak of COVID-19, including imposing a nationwide curfew until the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan, which is expected to start on April 24 or 25, according to the Islamic lunar calendar.
To help Iraq cope with the coronavirus spread, a Chinese team of seven experts has been working with their Iraqi counterparts since March 7. Enditem
Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)