Live COVID-19 updates: COVID-19 cases in Libya exceed 700

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, June 27, 2020
Adjust font size:

BEIJING, June 27 (Xinhua) -- The following are the updates on the global fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

- - - -

TRIPOLI -- The National Center for Disease Control of Libya on Saturday announced 15 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing the total cases inside the country to 713, with 142 recoveries and 18 deaths.

In a statement released earlier Saturday, the center said it received a total of 476 suspected samples, of which 461 tested negative and 15 positive.

- - - -

BEIJING -- Chinese health authority said Saturday it received reports of 21 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Friday, including 17 domestically transmitted and four imported ones.

All the domestically transmitted cases were reported in Beijing, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

- - - -

PHNOM PENH -- Cambodia on Saturday confirmed nine new imported COVID-19 cases, raising the total number of infections to 139, according to a Health Ministry's press statement.

The latest cases included eight Cambodians aged between 23 and 26 years old, and a 22-year-old Indonesian man, the statement said, adding that they all travelled to Cambodia from Indonesia via a direct flight on Thursday.

- - - -

BELGRADE -- Serbian footballing powerhouse Red Star Belgrade's CEO Zvezdan Terzic said Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 after five club players contracted the virus earlier this week.

"On Saturday before the title celebration, I got tested, and I was negative. However, the last two days, I had a fever, and yesterday I got tested again, which showed that I was positive," Terzic said in a statement.

- - - -

BUENOS AIRES -- Veteran Argentinian forward Carlos Tevez has agreed to a six-month contract extension with Boca Juniors and pledged to donate his salary for the rest of 2020 to help combat COVID-19.

"I'm staying at Boca," Tevez told Radio La Red on Friday. "We decided with my family that I would donate my salary to a non-profit entity. I don't want money. I want to play for six more months and win the Libertadores."

- - - -

RABAT -- Morocco registered 295 new coronavirus cases on Friday, the Ministry of Health said.

The total number of COVID-19 cases in the country hit 11,633, while the death toll stood at 218, said Hind Ezzine, head of the department of epidemic diseases of the Ministry of Health, at a regular press briefing. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter