1st LD: Death toll of Afghan quakes rises to over 2,000

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, October 8, 2023
Adjust font size:

HERAT, Afghanistan, Oct. 8 (Xinhua) -- More than 2,000 people were killed and over 9,000 injured as powerful earthquakes jolted Afghanistan's Herat and other western provinces on Saturday, government sources said on Sunday.

Two earthquakes with a magnitude of 6.2 jolted Afghanistan on Saturday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center. Apart from Herat, affected provinces also include Badghis and Farah.

Afghanistan's National Disaster Management Authority said earlier that rescue teams have been sent to the affected areas. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter