China.org.cn, part of China International Publishing Group, offers wide-ranging, up-to-date news about China, with searchable texts of government position papers and a wealth of background information about Chinese history, politics, economics and culture.
Job title: English copy editor
* Proofreading, editing, reporting and writing news reports, feature stories, and opinion articles.
* Assisting in editorial decision-making, including project planning, story selection and page design.
* Helping to train translators and reporters.
The successful candidate must:
* Be a native English speaker with strong writing skills.
* Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and ideally a professional qualification in journalism.
* Be a self-starter and a team player; able to work to deadlines; have a good news sense and some knowledge of Chinese affairs.
* Be computer literate on Windows-based systems.
The preferred candidate will have:
* Two years experience of writing, editing, producing publications and managing website content.
* Experience or knowledge about China.
Please send an email with full CV, including a recent photo, and examples of work if possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.