China sees more wage default cases in Jan.-Sept.

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, November 20, 2015
Adjust font size:

China has seen a growing number of cases of employers failing to pay migrant workers in the first three quarters this year, prompting more efforts to protect the basic interests of workers, a senior official said on Friday.

A total of 11,007 cases were recorded in the first three quarters of this year, up 34 percent from the same period last year, Yin Weimin, head of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, said during a working conference.

He said the ministry should improve the wage payment system to make sure employees are paid on time and in full, and those failing to do so could face criminal investigation.

Companies could face being blacklisted should the practice continue, he said.

Hundreds of millions of migrant workers often work without formal contracts and are sometimes left out of pocket if their companies report low earnings or file for bankruptcy.

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter