As economists frown upon a lack of innovation plaguing China's economy, Bill Gates has highlighted the innovations China is adept at that can benefit the world: in epidemic control and grain production.
China depends more on overseas oil
As China's energy demands grow, its dependency on imported foreign oil will continue to increase from the current level of 58 percent, according to Zhang Guobao, a former director of the National Energy Administration.
- China can 'learn from US on shale gas'
- Boao forum experts warn of further debt crisis
- Property tycoon doubts real estate measures
- Chinese president holds dialogue with entrepreneurs
- China to sustain relatively high economic growth: Xi
- Big role for private investment
- CIPG President Zhou attends BFA, meets reporters
- Xi warns against chaos in region
- China's economic growth benefits world: president