Six million homes to be rebuilt, housing chief says

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail China Daily, March 15, 2017
Adjust font size:

Chinese Minister of Housing and Urban-Rural Development Chen Zhenggao receives an interview before the closing meeting of the fifth session of the 12th National People's Congress at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, March 15, 2017. [Xinhua/Chen Yehua]

Six million substandard urban houses will be rebuilt this year, Chen Zhenggao, head of the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development said on Wednesday.

China is capable of meeting the target because this year's tasks are better defined and we started earlier with stronger financial support, Chen added.

The government will offer more financial support to support those who live in substandard urban houses to purchase existing homes rather than building new property, especially in third- and fourth-tier cities and counties, he said.

More than 48 percent of the residential renovation target was achieved last year thanks to financial support to buy existing property, 18.6 percent up year-on-year.

China committed to rebuilding 18 million houses from 2015 to 2017 and aims to "generally finish" the renovation work across the country by the end of 2020.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:    
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from