The death toll from a landslide in north China's Shanxi Province stood at 41 as rescuers stopped their search efforts on Tuesday.
Rescuers also found some parts of unidentified bodies and DNA tests would be conducted, said Lofan County rescue headquarters.
Some bodies could not been identified at the site because they had been buried for nearly two months, rescuers said.
A landslide toppled a waste dump from a local iron mine on Aug.1, burying Sigou Village in Loufan County in the suburbs of the provincial capital Taiyuan.
More than 8,000 rescuers with 921 digging vehicles had been searching for the missing for weeks.
The government had offered compensations to families of the victims and other households suffering economic losses.
A team sent by the State Council, China's Cabinet, was investigating the landslide, which had initially been played down by local authorities.
(Xinhua News Agency October 1, 2008)