Home / China / News Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read | Comment
3 dead in carbon monoxide poisoning in N. China
Adjust font size:

Three people were killed, and anther still unconscious, by carbon monoxide poisoning in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. local police said.

The death was found in a rural household in Hangjinhou Banner on Thursday noon.

Owner of the house, Peng Jianguo, was among the three dead. Three others in the house were also poisoned by the carbon monoxide. One of them has not escaped danger in hospital.

Investigators found Peng's house had all the doors and windows shut while using a stove for steaming bread Wednesday overnight. The heat caused spontaneous combustion of wooden ceiling, which filled the house with carbon monoxide.

The county government ordered an immediate check on winter heating in the rural area after the accident.

(Xinhua News Agency January 2, 2009)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
Pet Name
China Archives
Related >>