The death toll of the May 12 earthquake which rocked southwestern China's Sichuan Province and neighboring regions stood still at 69,181 as of Sunday noon, the State Council Information Office said.
But the number of the injured rose by 161 to 374,171 and people reported missing increased to 18,522 from Saturday's 17,397, said the office in a statement.
As of Sunday noon, 96,096 injured people were hospitalized and 82,154 have recovered and been charged. There are still 11,306 people remaining in hospitals.
By Sunday, about 1.47 million quake survivors had been rescued and evacuated. Among them, 83,988 were saved from the debris of collapsed buildings in Sichuan Province, the statement said.
Relief supplies continued to pour into the quake zone. As of Sunday noon, about 1.58 million tents, 4.87 million quilts, 14.1 million garments, 1.31 million tonnes of fuel oil and 2.8 million tonnes of coal had been sent.
The statement said as of Saturday, relief workers had built 280,700 temporary houses and another 37,600 were being installed, while the materials for 71,100 of such houses had arrived in the affected areas.
(Xinhua News Agency June 23, 2008)