Heavy rain started from Sunday morning has caused water-clogging in Chaohu, east China's Anhui Province.
City to educate residents in disaster prevention
The municipal civil affairs department has been working to establish a grassroots emergency response mechanism, including training ordinary residents to do disaster prevention and relief work in communities.
- SW China on alert as heavy rains approach
- E. China on alert as super typhoon Muifa approaches
- Flood refills dried reservoir in north China
- Rainstorms affect 100,000 people in Hubei
- Heavy rainfall hits E. China city
- Rescue work ends in flooded SW China coal mine
- Mudslide strands 800-strong people in SW China