Home / The ABC of Living in China / Employment / Things you should know Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read | Comment
Procedure for Employment in Beijing
Adjust font size:

Employment of foreigners in Beijing refers to the act of those who have not obtained the right of permanent residenc, work and receive remunerations for their work in accordance with law within the Chinese territory. Those foreigners who have not obtained residence permits (holders of F, L, C and G visas), and those who are studying or having a internship in China, and dependents of foreigners holding a working visa should not have illegal employment in China. In special circumstances, the foreigner who is to be employed should have his visa status changed with the public security bureau by his employer and apply for Foreigners' Employment Permit and Residence Permit before employment.

A foreigner should apply for a working visa at a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad with the permit and other documents he is to work in Beijing. After he enters into China, the employer can apply for Foreigner Employment Permit at the Municipal Bureau of Labor and Social Security along with the Permit, valid passport and residence permit.

(Telephone number of the Beijing municipal Bureau of Labor and Social Security. 63167924)

(Beijing.gov.cn October 17, 2006)


Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read Bookmark and Share
Pet Name
China Archives
Related >>