Traveling with your pet by train
If you choose to travel with your pet by train, you should adopt the following procedures.
Firstly, you should take your pet to the animal quarantine station in your district to get an animal quarantine certification and a pet cage disinfection certification two or three days in advance.
Then take your pet and the above two certifications, plus pet health certificate, to Beijing Railway Veterinary Quarantine Station to get confirmation of registration. (The quarantine station is about 50 meters away from the south gate of Beijing Jiaotong University. Contact number: 010-6225 5493.)
Lastly, you should come to the train station 4 hours in advance to deal with baggage procedures, bringing your ticket. Obviously, you and your pet are on the same train and you can feed your pet on your journey after obtaining permission from the train crew.
1. Remember that your pet will be kept in the baggage carriage. So make sure that any trains you plan to take will have a baggage carriage.
2. "Pets" comprise domestic dogs and cats. Wild animals, odd animals or dangerous animals which the country forbids are not included.
3. You need to buy a cage for your pet to prevent its wandering in the carriage. A steel cage is the best choice.
4. Passengers themselves are responsible if the pet dies or incurs any accident on the journey.
5. Costs will be calculated according to the pet's weight and the distance of the journey.
• Get a health certificate
• To travel with your pet by plane
• Travel by car
• Pet foster care