Returned students abroad working in Beijing and their dependents (spouse minor children) should hold "Z" (vocational) visa when entry, and process resident application procedures to Exit & Entry Administration, Public Security Bureau in Beijing within 30 days after entry, generally, the valid period of residence permit will not exceed one year, and not exceed the expiry of the passport, too.
They must provide the following documents and evidential materials when process residence permit's application:
1. One's valid passport and visa;
2. Originals and copies of "Beijing (Foreign Students) Working & Residence Permit" issued by Beijing Personnel Bureau or official letters submitted by International Exchange & Cooperation Department, Ministry of Education or Special Technicians Management Department, Ministry of Personnel;
3. Original "Health Certification" submitted by Beijing Exit & Entry Inspection & Quarantine Bureau;
4. Two recent, two in. half-length, bareheaded, full-faced photo (both black-and-white photophotochrome is ok).
5. Adding the official seal of the unit when fill out "Application Form for Visa Residence Permit", and stick a recent, two in., bareheaded, full-faced photo.
Working not exceed one year in Beijing, can apply for temporary residence permit, and the "Health Certificate" is waived.
Foreign dependents of returned students abroad who haven't got the foreign nationalities
Foreign dependents of returned students abroad who haven't got the foreign nationalities (spouse minor children) should process visa residence permit according to the regulations to returned students abroad. The minor children of returned students abroad must provide both or one of the parents' residence permit abroad when process residence permit.
(Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)