Foreign students come to study in Beijing, should hold "X" (study) visa when entry, and process resident application procedures to Exit & Entry Administration, Public Security Bureau in Beijing within 30 days after entry, generally, the valid period of residence permit will not exceed one year, and not exceed the expiry of the passport, too.
Must provide the following documents and evidential materials when process residence permit's application:
1. One's valid passport and visa (if the student holding a diplomatic service (official)special passport, should change to ordinary passport when process the residence permit, if failed to do this, should provide the note of embassy, endorsed that given up the privileges enjoyed with a diplomatic service (official) and other passport, but according to the treatment of ordinary passport);
2. Originals of "Application Form for Visas of Foreign Students Study in China" (JW201 or JW202), if can not provide the originals, provide the copies of the application form and originals of "Admission Offer" of the schools;
3. Original "Health Certification" submitted by Beijing Exit & Entry Inspection & Quarantine Bureau;
4. Two recent, two in., half-length, bareheaded, full-faced photo (both black-and-white photophotochrome is ok).
5. Foreign students study in primary schools and middle schools in Beijing, must also provide the originals of letter of commitment of their father or mother.
6. Adding the official seal of the unit when fill out "Application Form for Visa Residence Permit", and stick a recent, two in., bareheaded, full-faced photo.
Studying not exceed one year in Beijing, can apply for temporary residence permit, and the "Health Certificate" is waived.
(Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)