A file photo of Luciano Moggi. [Photo/CFP]
Former Juventus executive Luciano Moggi is planning to appeal his prison sentence of five years and four months for his role in the 2006 Italian match-fixing scandal.
Moggi told Italy's Sky TV that the prosecutors have won "only the first round," adding that he's "still fighting."
Moggi was found guilty by a Naples court of criminal association aimed at committing sports fraud.
The scandal - the biggest corruption case in the history of Italian football - left Juventus stripped of the 2005 and 2006 Serie A titles and relegated to Serie B by a sports court.
Moggi also took issue with a Juventus statement issued after Tuesday's verdict, which sought to distance the club from his actions, saying he didn't "act alone."
One of Moggi's lawyers, Maurilio Prioreschi, said on Tuesday they were not expecting such a harsh sentence.
"We will definitely appeal and we think with the appeal we can restore what we believe is the truth," Prioreschi told Italy's Sky TV.
Another former Juventus executive, Antonio Giraudo, had already received a three-year sentence and appealed.
In other sentences handed out by the Naples court, former referee selector Paolo Bergamo was given three years and eight months and colleague Pierluigi Pairetto was handed 16 months.
Former Italian football federation vice president Innocenzo Mazzini was sentenced to 26 months and former referee Massimo De Santis was given 23 months.
In all, 16 people were found guilty and eight were cleared.