Top 10 most polluted Chinese cities in Q3

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail China.org.cn, October 23, 2013
Adjust font size:

The China's Ministry of Environment recently released the information on air pollution in major Chinese cities in the third quarter.

Seven of the following ten most polluted cities in China are located in Hebei, giving hard proof of its severe air pollution problem.

Among the 74 cities being monitored, 68.9 percent of the days in the quarter reached the national air quality standard; the other 31.1 percent days failed to do so. Of that 31.1 percent, 22.7 percent were mild pollution, 6.3 percent were middle level, 2.0 percent were serious and 0.1 percent was severe.

The average day ratio of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region reaching the standard stood at 37.5 percent. The region was still faced with severe challenge of controlling the air pollution.

The average day ratios of the Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta reaching the standard respectively stood at 73.5 and 77.6 percent. Cities reaching 100 percent included Haikou, Lhasa, Yinchuan and Fuzhou.

   Langfang, Hebei Province

 

Langfang, one of the 'Top 10 most polluted Chinese cities in Q3' by China.org.cn.

Langfang, Hebei Province [hebei.com.cn]


1   2   3   4   5   Next  


Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter