| Qingdaoshan's Fortress Site
Qingdaoshan's Fortress Site (青岛山炮台遗址) was built by the Germans in 1899. It consists of a north and south fortress and underground headquarters. It is one of the nine permanent fortresses in Qingdao, a key Far East port for Germany.
During the First World War, Qingdao was the only battlefield in Asia. The German Army blew up the two fortresses before surrendered. But the underground headquarter has been well-preserved. It consists of 20 rooms with an area of 2,000 square meters. There is a rotating tower on top able to monitor ship movements in Jiaozhou Bay. Inside are two reservoirs able to supply 2,000 soldiers' needs for three months.
Add: 26 Jingshan Road, Shibei District 南区京山路26号
Admission: 15 yuan (high season); 12 yuan (low season)
How to get there: Buses No.1, 25, 307, 367, 225, 221, 217
|Tools: Save | Print | E-mail|