The Interpol and the International Criminal Court (ICC) have called Thursday for Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi to turn himself in, promising him safe passage to the Hague after Libyan transitional authority announced Gaddafi's death.
Gaddafi's second son Seif al-Islam [File photo]
"Following my discussions with Prosecutor Moreno-Ocampo, we agree that it is in the best interests of Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi as well as in the interests of justice that he surrender himself as swiftly as possible and face the charges levelled against him," said Interpol Secretary General Noble.
Earlier in the day, Libya National Transitional Council said ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was killed in battle for Sirte, the last stronghold of Gaddafi regime and his hometown, however, reports said his son Saif Al-Islam was at large in the desert.
"Colonel Gaddafi will not be able answer to the crimes levelled against him, which makes it even more important that those who were part of his inner circle and who remain at large are captured and face their accusers ..." Noble said.
The world police body said its Command and Coordination Centre "remains available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to facilitate any communications between Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi or any person sought for arrest by the ICC and the relevant law enforcement authorities."
In September, Interpol has issued red notices for two of Gaddafi's sons besides Muammar Gaddafi himself. The other son is Assaadi Gaddafi, aged 38.