I am a holder of a foreign driving license; how can I apply for a temporary Chinese
According to the Beijing Traffic Management Bureau, applicants should go to the Motor Vehicle Administration to apply. Holder of a valid foreign driving license can apply for a license to drive the same type of vehicle(s) listed on his/her foreign license. An International Driving License will not be accepted.
(1) Driving license application form
(2) Original and photo copy of applicant's identification documents
(3) Original health certificate issued by hospital of county level or above. Holders of a valid foreign driving license from foreign embassies, consulates and Chinese offices of international organizations do not need to provide health certificate.
(4) Original foreign driving license and photocopy. Driving license in non-Chinese language must be accompanied by a Chinese translation.
(5) 5 1-inch color photos with a white background
The upper age limit restriction for applying for a temporary Chinese driving license is 70.
For further information, please contact the Foreign Affairs Department of the Beijing Motor Vehicle Administration.