Notice on the Adjustments on the Regulations Concerning Purchasing or Renting Residence and Offices of Resident Foreign Correspondents and Media Organizations in Beijing

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail, December 26, 2012
Adjust font size:

Taking into consideration of the need of foreign correspondents and media organizations accredited in Beijing and according to the relevant regulations of the Beijing Municipal government, the Information Department of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has made the following adjustments on the regulations concerning the purchasing or renting of residence and offices of resident foreign correspondents and media organizations in Beijing.

1. Resident foreign correspondents and foreign media organizations may purchase or rent residence and offices in the 18 districts and counties of Beijing. While dong so, they should abide by "Regulations on City House Leasing of PRC" and "Regulations of the Urban Real Estate Transfer of the Beijing Municipality".

The Beijing Diplomatic Housing Service Corporation still stands ready to provide all foreign correspondents and media organizations with appropriate services on the renting purchasing of housing or offices.

Add: 223# Chaoneidajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing

Tel: 65324849, 65321040, Fax: 65594620,


2. Foreign correspondents are requested to follow the current regulations on renting and purchasing of residence and offices for foreigners in China. While dealing with renting or purchasing procedures, both sides (lease-holder and tenant, purchaser and seller) should get the approval at the Beijing Foreign-related Construction Project Examination Office (Add: 10#, Dengchao Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing. Tel: 65122820 Fax: 65122820 ext. 804), before signing the contract.

3. After renting or purchasing commercial residence or offices, foreign resident correspondents and media organizations are requested to notify the IPC and go through necessary procedures with the new leasing or purchasing contracts to obtain resident permits at the Division of Aliens and Exit-Entry Administration of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau according to "Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens" and its detailed rules. For those with service passports please go to the Beijing Foreign Affairs Office. When you move into the new residence or offices, a registration should be done at the local police station. Any change of residence or office should be notified. The Information Department of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby would like to remind you that any failure to go through such procedures will be taken as a violation of the regulation.

4. The above notice will take effect from July 1st, 2004.

(The Information Department of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, June 9, 2004)

Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:    
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from
Copyright © All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文[2011]0252-085号