Home / Business / News Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read | Comment
Leading coal producer teams up with major steel maker
Adjust font size:

The Shanxi Coal-Steel Energy Development Company began operation recently in Taiyuan, the capital city of north China's Shanxi Province, a senior official with the Shanxi Coking Coal Group confirmed Saturday.

The move is believed to be a significant measure for the province, which is located on China's major coal belt, to cope with the global economic downturn through deepening cooperation between coal and steel industries.

According to Bai Peizhong, chairman of the Shanxi Coking Coal Group, the new company has a registered capital of 500 million yuan (73.3 million U.S. dollars), with the coking coal supplier taking 60 percent of the stake and Taigang Group holding the remaining 40 percent.

The new energy company will engage in coal mining, dressing and marketing. It will ensure coal supplies for Taigang Group and share profits from coal mining with the steel maker, Bai said.

As China's largest coking firm, the Shanxi Coking Coal Group turns out 10 percent of the country's total product and supplies more than 20 percent of such materials needed by 18 big steel makers nationwide.

Taigang Group is a world leading stainless steel manufacturer in terms of production capacity and technologies.

Industry observers said the establishment of the new company would be conducive to sharpening competitive edge of both coal and steel producers.

(Xinhua News Agency May 30, 2009)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read Bookmark and Share
Pet Name
China Archives
Related >>
- Chinese shares fall slightly, led by coal and property sectors
- 48 coal mine inspectors to resign
- WB lends US$80m to China's coal-bed methane project
May 7-8 Brussels China-EU high-level trade talks

May 17-22 Hong Kong Heilongjiang-Hong Kong Trade Cooperation Seminar

June 30 Shanghai 2009 Automotive Engine Technology Seminar
- Output of Major Industrial Products
- Investment by Various Sectors
- Foreign Direct Investment by Country or Region
- National Price Index
- Value of Major Commodity Import
- Money Supply
- Exchange Rate and Foreign Exchange Reserve
- What does the China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement cover?
- How to Set up a Foreign Capital Enterprise in China?
- How Does the VAT Works in China?
- How Much RMB or Foreign Currency Can Be Physically Carried Out of or Into China?
- What Is the Electrical Fitting in China?