Almost like migration, each year at the beginning of the year, political leaders, business tycoons and academia gather at a tranquil Swiss Alpine town, Davos, for the biggest entrepreneurial brainstorming event of the year.
• Experts fear looming geopolitical disruption
• Full coverage: Davos 2012
EU leaders count on a China bailout
Leaders of Denmark and Finland stressed on Friday China's willingness to help bail out the debt-ridden European economy, while a senior Chinese scholar reiterated preconditions for China's rescue efforts.
- Europe's debt crisis high on forum's main agenda
- US Fed to keep low interest rates
- New Zealand to push liberalization at WEF in Davos
- Chinese economy heads for soft landing in 2012
- EU's pleas for aid are unhelpful: experts
- Ratings agencies should not amplify crisis
- Discussing China's financial future