Yan Xiao'ai is suffering the effects of glue poisoning.
Liu Yimin, vice-president of Guangzhou No 12 People's Hospital, said his hospital had admitted a further 33 people suffering glue poisoning since then, of whom 28 were still being treated.
Most were in serious condition when they arrived at the hospital, with some put in intensive care units, said Liu.
Their symptoms included headaches, feeling weak overall and incontinence, he added.
"The patients were diagnosed as suffering from acute dichloroethane poisoning, with some of the patients' cerebral and central nervous systems suffering damage," Liu explained.
All the victims, aged between 15 and 50, were migrant workers who worked in the city's small and medium-sized factories producing shoes, bags and leather products and had to use chemical glue.
Statistics from Guangdong provincial bureau of health revealed the number of occupational disease patients has been on the rise since 2003. The province is home to more than 31 million migrant workers from around the country.