Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao remarked over the weekend that the Zhouqu relief effort had shifted focus from rescue work to helping survivors get their lives back in order.
Death toll from China mudslides rises to 1,467
The death toll from the massive mudslides in Zhouqu County, in northwest China's Gansu Province, had risen to 1,467 as of Monday.
- Death toll from NW China mudslides rises to 1,471
- Floods, landslides leave 3,185 dead in China this year: MCA
- Rescuers search for 80 still missing in mudslides
- 16 dead in Sichuan mudslides
- Mudslide evacuees to be relocated in NW China
- Mudslide death toll rises to 1,287
- Chinese Embassy in Jamaica mourns for Zhouqu mudslide victims
On August 8, 2010, heavy downpours triggered landslides and mud-rock flows in Zhouqu County, Gannan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Gansu Province.