Religious and ethnic considerations must be taken into account in the restoration of cultural relics damaged in the April 14 earthquake in a predominantly Tibetan-populated area bordering Qinghai and Sichuan provinces.
Quake survivors must have warm houses for winter
Chinese Vice Premier Hui Liangyu has urged local governments and builders to ensure quake survivors in northwestern province of Qinghai have warm places to stay this winter.
- Red Cross arrange more than 2 bln yuan for Yushu reconstruction
- 21 bln yuan earmarked for reconstruction in quake-hit Yushu
- China honors quake relief organizations, individuals in Yushu
- China holds exhibition on quake relief in Yushu
- Red Cross gives US$339 mln for reconstruction in Yushu
- China plans 32 bln yuan on Qinghai quake reconstruction
- Chinese monks pray for Yushu quake victims
- Strong aftershock jolts Yushu, casualties unknown
- Orphans from Yushu receive free medical insurance