Home / Living in China / Your Questions Answered Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
How to Use 110, 119, 122?
Adjust font size:

110 is for emergency services, while 119 is for the fire department and 122 for traffic accident reports. These three 24-hour lines are all access routes to the public security organ, receiving public emergency calls.

When life or property is threatened, or there occurs an urgent and sudden event that the public is unable to settle, 110 should be called to raise the alarm and seek help. If a fire has started, 119 should be called, and if a traffic accident happens, 122 should be called, allowing the public security organ to dispatch special personnel to the site in time.

After being put through 110, you will firstly hear such a prompt in both Chinese and English: "Hello, here is 110 alarm service", then an operator will hear your case. Please answer the questions according to the requirements of the operator, such as your name, position and contact ways and so on as well as the basic information of the relevant case. Generally, you should remain at the position where you give the alarm to wait for policemen and meet them as soon as they arrive. Please keep the site untouched so that the policemen can acquire evidence at the site. If you dial 110 by mistake, please hang up immediately.

(Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, October 15, 2006)


Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Related Stories
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback
Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved     E-mail: webmaster@china.org.cn Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号