Home / Living in China / Your Questions Answered Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
What to Do If I Lose My Belongings in Beijing?
Adjust font size:

No. 37 counter, reception hall, F2, Exit & Entry Administration, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau at 2 Dongdajie, Andingmen, Dongcheng District is responsible for receive this case. You must provide the following materials when report the loss:

1. Passport. Taiwanese compatriots should submit travel passes between mainland and Taiwan.

2. The case report certification materials provided by local Public Security Department Police Station of the place of loss.

3. The letter of introduction submitted by employer or appropriate documentation proving tourist status in China.

4. Accommodation certification in Beijing, including: accommodation registration card of a hotel, or temporary accommodation registration of the police station if living with a Chinese family.

5. Documents proving property value which need to be claimed at the insurance company (such as invoice receipt, customs declaration sheet, overseas insurance policy, credit card and bank check numbers, etc.)

6. If reporting the loss of a diplomatic ID card, embassy confirmation is needed.

7. Reporting loss of cash will not be accepted.

(Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau October 16, 2006)


Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Related Stories
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback
Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved     E-mail: webmaster@china.org.cn Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号