Home / Government / Local Governments News Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
Mainland, HK Sign IT Co-operation Pact
Adjust font size:

Hong Kong and the mainland have signed an agreement on exchange and cooperation in information technology, a government press release said on Tuesday.

The two sides will enhance technology cooperation in areas such as automobile electronics, radio frequency identification technology, mobile communications, integrated circuit design, technologies relating to consumer electronic products, digital TV, broadband wireless access technology, digital content, radio management and the next-generation internet.

Enterprises, research institutes and experts from Hong Kong will participate in formulating national information technology standards.

The two sides will also strengthen the exchange and sharing of innovative talent, equipment and technology information resources, and enhance the cooperation between science and industrial parks, research institutes, intermediary service organizations and tertiary institutions.

Signing the agreement in Beijing on Tuesday, Hong Kong's Secretary for Commerce, Industry and Technology Joseph Wong said closer collaboration between Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland will help play out the complementary strengths of both sides and achieve a win-win situation.

Formulating product and technology standards is an important element in the development of the information technology industry, he said, adding that the agreement allows Hong Kong experts and enterprises to participate in developing national standards.

"This will facilitate us to keep abreast of the national developments in the relevant areas, and will help the industry explore the mainland market and develop new products and services," Wong said.

(Xinhua News Agency April 18, 2007)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Related Stories
HK Can Aid National Technology Development: Official
35% HK Men Marry Mainland Women in 2006
2% Mainland Graduates Return from HK
Mainland, HK Plan Huge 10-Year Reunion Celebrations
Questions and Answers More
Q: What Are the Custom Procedures to Export Personal Articles?
A: According to the Custom Law, any long-term non-resident passenger importing or exporting articles for personal use must submit a written application to the appropriate customs agency personally or by authorizing an agent.
Useful Info
- Who's Who in China's Leadership
- State Structure
- China's Political System
- China's Legislative System
- China's Judicial System
- Mapping out 11th Five-Year Guidelines
- Chinese Embassies
- International Department, Central Committee of CPC
- State Organs Work Committee of CPC
- United Front Work Department, Central Committee of CPC
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback
Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved     E-mail: webmaster@china.org.cn Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号