Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Pilgrimage/Spirituality
Season: March - November
Airfare Included: No
Between Beijing and Xian there are several superb cultural treasures yet to be discovered by the tourist hordes. Datong is one of them. Can be easily reached by train or flight from Beijing, Datong is home to the outstanding Yungang Caves, also known as the "Cloud Ridge Caves". These grottoes, amongst the finest in China, are cut into a kilometer stretch of cliff with beautifully-colored frescoed walls framing more than 50,000 Buddhist statues, ranging from miniature to monolithic. South of Datong the Wooden Pagoda, precipitous Hanging Monastery and the caves of the troglodytes all make intriguing stops on the journey to sacred Mount Wutai.
Day 1: Fly or take an overnight train to Datong. In the afternoon, we visit the Yungang Grottoes, one of the five great Buddhist cave complexes in China (the others being Longmen in Luoyang, Mogao in Dunhuang, Maijishan in Tianshui and Kizil in Kuqa)
Day 2: We travel towards Mount Wutai. En route, we visit the 1400 years old and Yingxian Wooden Pagoda
Day 3: Today is set aside hiking and exploring Mount Wutai
Day 4: Drive to Taiyuan and fly back home.
- All 4-star hotel accommodations based on double occupancy, including tax and service
- All meals as stated in the itinerary highlighting the local cuisine with water, tea, coffee,local beer, and soft drinks.
- Group airport arrival and departure transfers
- All ground transportation in private air conditioned vehicle with bottled water and snackson coach.
- All sightseeing, entrance fees .
- Services of local guides, site experts, and other support personnel.
- International airfare
- Any en route stopovers, hotels, and meals to and from China
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Passport and visa fees
- Items of a personal nature such as, laundry, mail, phone calls, faxes, spa treatments, hard liquor
- Normal level of gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.