The United Sates hopes that China can not only deliver economic prosperity for its large population but also play a key role in world affairs, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said.
Hu hails 'positive results' of S&ED
Chinese President Hu Jintao on Friday hailed the "positive results" of the fourth round of the China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue(S&ED) as he met with top U.S. negotiators attending the annual gathering.
• China-US dialogue highlights will for new ties
• Full coverage: China-US S&ED dialogue
- China, U.S. agree to hold more consultations
- China proposes Sino-US macroeconomic policy coordination
- Human rights shouldn't hinder state-to-state relations
- China-U.S. S&ED concludes with substantial results
- USCBC chief hails achievements of fourth China-U.S. Dialogue
- State councilor specifies nature of Sino-U.S. cooperation
- China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue productive
BackgrounderThe China- U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue was established by Chinese President Hu Jintao and US President Obama in April 2009 and represents the highest-level bilateral forum to discuss a broad range of issues between the two nations. More>>
China: Wang Qishan
U.S.: Hillary Clinton