The dagobas, called Vajra Dagobas or Chuanxin Dagobas by the local people, are located on Guandu Street in the eastern suburbs, five kilometers from Kunming City. Built in 1458 in the Ming Dynasty, they are among the oldest vajrasana dagobas.
The dagobas have their own characteristics in both structure and shape. Their square base has a cross-shaped passage with an entrance on each side, giving it the look of a pedestal of a bell or drum tower. Around the edges of the pedestal are carved stone balustrades. The inscription on a tablet on the west side wall of the pedestal tells about the construction of the dagobas. Five dagobas stand on the base, the middle one huge, the four corner ones small. The middle dagoba's square Sumeru pedestal is carved with images of five riding animals. On four corners of the pedestal are excellent carvings of Buddha's warrior attendants. The dagoba's main body is in the shape of an inverted bowl, with four niches for statues of Buddha. On the canopy of the thirteen-tier steeple stand superbly cast bronze statues of four heavenly kings, who carry double-edged swords, a pipa (a plucked stringed instrument with a fretted fingerboard), pearl umbrellas and other religious articles.