Brief Introduction of the Press Center
The Press Center of the 17th CPC National Congress provides services to journalists covering this event from Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region, Taiwan Region, and foreign countries.
The services include issuing press cards, processing interview applications, arranging reporting activities, providing telecommunication facilities and information services and answering the questions related to the coverage of this event.
The Press Center is located at the Media Center, to the north of Xi Chang An Jie and close to CCTV (Address: Yi 11, Fuxing Road, Postal Code: 100038)
Working Hour: 8:30-22:00, from Oct.10th, 2007 to the closing day of the Congress
The service area, located on the first and the second floor of the Media Center, includes:
● Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Journalists
Section A, Multi-function Hall, 2nd floor
Tel: 6852 0600, 6852 0700;
Fax: 6858 3900, 6858 4300
● Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists
Section C, Multi-function Hall, 2nd floor
Tel: 6852 0200, 6852 0300, 6852 0500;
Fax: 6857 6400, 6857 6500
● Press Hall
Section B, Multi-function Hall, 2nd floor
The Press Conference by Delegates will be held here.
● Computers with Internet access can be found in the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists and the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists respectively.
● Audio and Video Signals Room
In the lobby
● Public Photos Service Room
Yinsha Hall, 2nd floor
● Telecommunication Service Area
The 5th meeting room and Shangpin Restaurant, 2nd floor
● Tea & Coffee Area
Café on the 1st floor
Café on the 1st floor
North to the reception of the lobby
● Press Card Issuing
For journalists from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, please collect your CPC press cards with your valid identification cards from the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists.
For foreign journalists, please collect your CPC press cards with your accreditation cards issued by the Chinese Foreign Ministry or passports with valid visa (for Chinese assistants, with certificates or equivalent approval issued by organizations providing services to foreign nationals) from the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists.
The vehicle passes could be applied simultaneously.
● Interview Application Processing
For journalists willing to interview the delegates of the 17th CPC National Congress, please apply to the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists or the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists respectively, by filling in the Application Form on the website of the Press Center. The Press Center will make the arrangement accordingly.
● Information Service
The journalists will have all the access to the documents, pictures, video materials provided at the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists or the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists, and could use the computers there to search news and comprehensive information both in Chinese and English filed by Xinhua News Agency.
● Audio and video Signal Service
Signals related to the Congress, provided by CCTV, China National Radio and China Radio International will be shared free of charge.
● Photo Service
Just-in-time photos related the Congress will be provided free of charge.
● Transmission and Telecommunication Service
You could enjoy communication service such as free internet, and pay telephone & fax.
● Tea and Coffee
Free tea and coffee and chargeable snacks are all available at the Media Center.
Clinic service is also available at the Media Center.
Guide for Reporting Activities
● Journalists' Cocktail Reception
A cocktail reception will be held before the opening ceremony of the Congress at the Multi-function Hall, 2nd floor of the Media Center to welcome all the domestic and overseas journalists. More detailed information will be released in due course.
● Press Conference by the Congress Spokesman
The spokesman of the 17th CPC National Congress is going to hold a press conference at the Golden Hall, 3rd floor of the Great Hall of People before the opening ceremony of the Congress. Please check in and go through the security check at the east gate of the Great Hall of People 45 minutes prior to the event with your press card. More details will be given duly.
● Opening and Closing Ceremony
The opening ceremony of the 17th CPC National Congress is going to be held at the Great Hall of People. Please check in and go through the security check at the east gate of the Great Hall of People with your press cards 90 to 20 minutes prior to the beginning of the ceremony, and then enter the Press Section on the 2nd floor of the Grand Auditorium. The Press Center will provide you with the copies of "Report of the 17th CPC National Congress" in Chinese, English, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Arabic.
More information about the opening ceremony and the closing ceremony will be issued duly.
● Press Conference by Delegates
The Press Center will hold a series of press conferences at Section B, Multi-function Hall, 2nd floor of the Media Center during the National Congress. Some leaders from state ministries and some delegates will be invited to give briefings and answer questions from the journalists. The Press Center will announce in advance the specific time and topics of those press conferences. Please check in with your press card and go through the security check.
● Delegation Discussion Sessions
Some of the delegation discussion sessions of the 17th CPC National Congress will be open to journalists. Please check in and go through the security check at the east gate of the Great Hall of People with your press cards 40 minutes beforehand. Please take seats at the Press Section. Photographing, filming and recording are welcome. Please neither enter nor interview delegates in the discussion area.
The specific time, location and lists of the delegations of the open sessions will be timely announced in the Press Center and on its website.
● Visiting Program
The Press Center will invite journalists from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and foreign countries to visit National Grand Theatre and the Olympic sites. For those who are interested in the visiting program, please apply to the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists or the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists. More detailed information about the visits will be released in due course.
To facilitate your reporting activities, the Press Center would like to kindly remind you of the following points:
● Both the press card and the vehicle pass are indispensable when entering the Press Center and the Great Hall of People. Please keep them well. It is strictly prohibited from lending them to other people. Inform the Press Center immediately in case you lose them.
● Please wear the press card all the time. Please abide by China's relevant laws, regulations and related reporting rules, observe professional journalists' ethics and comply with on-the-spot instructions.
● The vehicle pass should be shown clearly behind the windscreen of the vehicle. The vehicle you use should be registered with the Press Center. Please park the car in the designated area.
● When checking in at the Great Hall of People and the Media Center, please go through the security check at the entrance. For your convenience, please do not bring along irrelevant equipment.
● Please take care of your camera, relevant equipment and your personal belongings to avoid careless loss.
● Please keep the order and the silence during the conferences, and keep the power of your mobile phone off or set them on the quite mode when the conference is going on.
● The working languages for press conferences are Chinese and English.
● For photographers and cameramen, please set up your tripods in the designated areas when conducting reporting activities.
● For further information, please contact the Reception Desk for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Journalists or the Reception Desk for Foreign Journalists.
● In Beijing, it becomes colder in October. For the large temperature differences between day and night in this season, we would like to remind you of taking a coat with you when working outside so as to avoid catching cold.
(Press Center of the 17th CPC National Congress October 8, 2007)