1. Badly needed infrastructure, basic industry, energy, communications and major raw material projects, such as coalmine upgrading, power facilities, local railways, highways, intensive processing of coal, metallurgy, aluminum industry, mechanical and electrical projects, building materials, and chemistry.
2. Technologically advanced projects: Introduction of advanced technologies, equipment and hi-tech and highly value-added projects that can help improve product performance, update existing products, save energy and raw materials, promote technological progress and improve the economic efficiency of enterprises, and produce new products, equipment and materials that can fit in with market demand and fill relevant gaps of Shanxi.
3. Export-oriented projects that cater to international market demand and can help the province upgrade its products, tap new markets, expand exports and increase foreign exchange earnings from exports.
4. Projects involving the pillar industries of energy, electro-mechanics, metallurgy, chemistry and building materials, as well as reform of large and medium-sized state-owned enterprises.
5. Projects of agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and sideline production development, new agricultural technologies, processing of agricultural and sideline products and comprehensive agricultural development.
6. New technologies and equipment for comprehensive use of resources and renewable resources and for prevention and control of environmental pollution, and other projects encouraged by state laws and administrative regulations.